If you have purchased a D-Link router then you can use it to create a secure home network for all wired and wireless devices. With D-Link router setup you can share your internet connection with any connected device. Most of the D-Link routers have a convenient setup wizard to walk you through the configuration of the router. To access the D-Link setup wizard, you are required to connect your router to the modem and computer to the network.
Let’s walk you through the steps of the D-Link router configuration. You need to follow the instructions given in this blog step by step.
- Connect the adapter that came with your router to the D-Link router and to your wall outlet.
- Take an Ethernet cable and connect it from the modem to the WAN port on the router.
- Now, with the help of a second Ethernet cable connect your computer to one of the Ethernet port on the D-Link router.
- Turn on your modem and router.
- Power on your computer.
How to access the D-Link router login page?
You need to access the D-link router login page to begin with the D-link router configuration.
- You can access the D-Link router setup wizard by using any web browser on the computer that is connected to the router’s network.
- Enter the default IP address of your D-Link wireless router in the URL of the web browser.
- When prompted by the login window enter the default username and password and press the ‘Enter’ key.
Default IP address- 192.168.0.1
Default Username- admin
Default Password- admin
D-Link setup wizard
After successfully accessing the D-Link router login page, you can begin to set up your D-Link router.
- Click on the D-Link router quick setup wizard to begin the process for your router’s internet connection and administrator account. Click ‘Next’ when prompted.
- Your router will scan to determine the type of internet connection you have.
- In the next step, you need to enter a new wireless network name (SSID) and password.
- In this step, you need to enter a password for your D-Link router. This is the password which is you are going to need when you want to log into your D-Link router configuration page.
- Now, select your time zone.
- Now, the summary of your wireless settings will be displayed on the screen which includes your wireless network name and password. Click ‘Save’.
- Your D-Link router will now reboot to save all the settings.
- D-Link router setup is now completed.
If you are unable to access the D-Link setup wizard due to miscellaneous reason then you can try resetting your router. Resetting the D-Link device is a simple process as it requires you to insert a pin on the ‘Reset’ button for a few seconds. Then, reboot the device to complete the reset process. Now, you can try to configure your D-Link router from the web browser on your computer.
We hope this blog solved your issues related to D-Link router setup. If you still have something for which you need assistance then you can get in touch with us without any delay. We have our in-house team who are experts in router and extender related issues, so call them on our toll-free number or you can also do a live chat with them.