If you have locked down your home network and its configuration settings then you must know how to reset d-link router. For Dlink router password reset, either you need to visit the router’s configuration page or reset the D-Link router to the factory defaults. Depending on which password you have forgotten – admin password or Wi-Fi password. Sometimes the D-Link router needs to reset to refresh the settings. It will improve performance and increase the speed of the device.
If you forgot password on Dlink router then reset the D-Link router to prevent the unauthorized access. Check out this short article to know how to perform the Dlink router reset process.
How to reset the D-Link Wi-Fi Password ?
To reset the Wi-Fi password, you need to access the D-Link router web configuration page. In case, you forgot password on dlink router and want to reset it then follow the below steps:
- Open a web browser and type the default IP address 192.168.0.1 of the D-Link router in the address bar.
- When a login screen appears, enter the username and password of the D-Link router.
- You can find the default login credentials in the device’s user manual.
- On the D-Link admin page, click ‘Login’ to access the web configuration page.
- On the basic setup page, click the ‘Setup’ option.
- From the menu, choose the ‘Wireless’ settings of the Dlink router.
- Under the dlink wireless settings, click the ‘Manual Wireless Connection Setup’.
- From the drop-down menu, choose the security settings. We recommend you to choose WPA/WPA2 security mode.
- Here you will find the ‘Reset Password’ option.
- Now, type the new password in the required field and save the changes.
How to reset the D-Link Admin password ?
For dlink router password reset, have a look at the steps explained below:
- To start the dlink router reset, look for the reset button on the back panel of the D-Link router.
- Take a paper clip or sharp pencil to press the reset button.
- Press and hold the reset button for at least 20-30 seconds.
- Hold the reset button until the ‘Status LED’ located on the D-Link router starts to blink rapidly.
- Release the button once it starts blinking. Wait for a few minutes to complete the dlink router reset process. Once reset, the dlink router will restart automatically.
The dlink router password reset has now put your D-Link device back to its factory settings and you may begin the Dlink router setup process to reconfigure it. Launch a browser and browse to the D-Link local address. On the admin page, enter the default username and password to access the dlink configuration page. Now, configure the D-Link router settings as per your need.
This was all about how to reset d-link router. If you have any doubts or queries then contact our experts. We have a team of experts who are available all day long to assist you. If you want to know more about the D-Link router setup or its login process then contact us today. You can call us at our toll-free no. or do a live chat via an online chat window.