The D-Link DIR-601 wireless-N150 home router delivers high performance wireless connectivity based on wireless N technology. The wireless N-150 router provides wireless coverage and improved speeds. Upgrading your office or home network to wireless-N150 home router provides an excellent solution for experiencing better wireless performance. The D-Link DIR-601 performs faster file transfers and greater coverage to wireless signals across your home. The wireless-N150 not only extends the wireless range but also works with existing wireless G devices.
Easy to setup Wireless-N150 home router
The D-Link DIR-601 makes it easy to set up your wireless router in your office or home without professional installation. Once the installation process is completed, you can share high-speed internet connection, media, files etc.
The first thing you need to do to setup wireless-N150 home router is to connect it to the Cable or DSL modem.
- Place your D-Link router in a center and open location.
- Turn off the power of your modem.
- Unplug the Ethernet cable from your PC and plug it into the internet port of the router.
- Plug one end of the cable into the LAN port on the router and other end into the Ethernet port of the computer.
- Plug in or turn on your modem and turn on your computer.
Setup wireless-N150 router through web-based configuration utility.
- In order to access the configuration utility, open a web-browser and enter http://192.168.0.1 and press enter.
- Select the option ‘admin’ from the drop-down menu and leave the password field blank.
- In order to configure your D-Link router, select the option “Internet Connection Setup Wizard’.
- Create a new password and press ‘next’ to continue.
- From the drop-down menu, select your time zone and click ‘next’ to continue.
- Select the type of Internet connection from the list and click on the ‘next’ to continue.
- In case you selected dynamic, then enter the MAC address and enter the Clone your PC’s MAC Address.
- Enter your username and password if you select PPPoE.
- In case you selected PPTP, enter PPTP username and password and click ‘Next’ to continue.
- To save your settings, click ‘connect’ once your router finishes rebooting, click ‘continue’
Now, let’s proceed to learn how to troubleshoot some issues you might face while setting up the D-Link DIR-601 wireless-N150 home router.
1. What to do when you forget the password?
You must reset the router if you forgot the password. Locate the tiny reset button on the rear of your router. Use a sharp object to hold the button for ten seconds. Release the reset button and your router will go through the reboot process. Use the username ‘admin’ and leave the password field blank to access the router.
2. Unable to access the web-based configuration utility
- Make sure you have updated web browser. Microsoft explorer 6.0, Firefox 3.0 and higher, Chrome 2.0 and higher, or Safari 3.0 and higher.
- Check the solid lights on the router to verify the physical connectivity.
- Uninstall or disable any internet security software running on the computer.
- If you still can’t access the web-based configuration utility then unplug the power of the router for 20 seconds and plug it back in.
The above-given sections covered how to setup wireless-N150 router and how to troubleshoot some of the issues you might face while setting it up. If you still have any concern regarding D-Link DIR-601, you can contact our router experts to assist you at their toll-free number.